Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Cards

Handmade Pop-up Cards


If you're like me and you prefer sending real cards instead of electronic cards for Christmas, then here are some ideas. For a little while now, I've been really into pop-up cards. I make all of my cards, no matter the occassion: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, holidays, etc.

I used motifs and many of the ideas from this book "Cartes a decouper: Motifs en relief". Yes, again it's in French but the instructions are simple enough for anyone. 

So here are some of my creations:


Frosty the Snowman


The Christmas tree must have been the hardest one to make because of the mesurements but the outcome looks great.


If you like tedious work, I definitely recommend this card! Cutting everything out was very long but definitely worth it.

In order to make these pop-up cards, I used different tools:
- a precision knife
- a cutting board
- pencil
- paper clips
- a ruler in centimeters (precision is very important)
- an embossing stylus
- scissors
- lots of different colored paper
- a gluestick

I hope these cards inspire you to start or continue to make pop-up cards. Thank you for visitng but before you go, here is a fun fact about pop-ups: the first pop-up type book dates back to the 13th century and was used for scholary works. It wasn't until the 18th century that these movable books were designed for entertainment and children.

Happy holidays! See you soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment